Communication and Promotion
- To represent the AU in the Southern Africa region;
- To increase awareness about the AU, its mission and its work in the region;
- To support the Exchange of Information between Southern African countries and other countries of the Africa Union;
- To counter, when necessary, media distortions about developments and events in Southern Africa;
- To deal with issues which foster and promote cohesion, solidarity and unity;
- To promote unity, solidarity and enhance Pan-African spirit in the Southern African Region
- To participate in other consultations of interest to the AU.